Finding the ideal gift idea for an aged person is often a tough proposition. Whether you are looking to buy gifts for an elderly family member or friend, or need some gifts for seniors in assisted living, a lot of careful planning and thinking need to go into the act to finally get the right gift. From the freshest of organic, handpicked fruits and gourmet chocolates to classic or award-winning wines, you have a lot to choose from. If you are struggling to decide what would be a good gift for seniors, here are some gift basket ideas that will be loved by them for sure:
- Fruits: A basket full of your recipient’s favorite fruits would be a good idea to help him/her live a healthy life while tasting delicious, fresh picks of the season. However, it’s best to select gift baskets with a small quantity as food gifts are perishable. Keeping the senior’s dietary restrictions in mind, if any, is another important thing to do while shopping for fruit gift baskets.
- Organic Gift Baskets: If your elderly recipient has a penchant for eco-friendly items, let him/her enjoy nature’s bounty with organic delicacies. From delicious, high-quality, farm fresh, sustainably grown fruits, organic cheeses, crackers and organic dried strawberries to organic California cabernet sauvignon, you have a lot to choose from.
- Relaxation Gift Baskets: This is somewhat of an unconventional gift where you treat the elderly to the fragrant pampering and joy of a spa vacation right at home. All you need is to select gift baskets that include bath lotions, gels, stress relieving aroma oils and delicious treats to let your recipient have a relaxing time in the comfort of his/her home.
- Wine: From a premium selection of fine wine gifts to gift baskets where world famous wines are expertly paired with delicious gourmet foods, you can never go wrong with this. Most seniors love their wine and a few are even quite attached to their bottles of red wine, thanks to the health benefits it brings their way. Depending on what your recipient’s preference is, you can select wine gift baskets to bring a smile on his/her face.
- Gifts for those with Dietary Restrictions: Once in their golden years, seniors often have specific nutritional needs, which make it difficult to find food gifts for them. The difficulty level goes a few notches up if he/she has dietary restrictions due to diabetes, high blood pressure or other ailments. However, this shouldn’t be a cause of concern as reputed online stores offer sugar-free and gluten-free food gift baskets to let seniors with dietary restrictions enjoy delicious treats.
Many seniors are somewhat isolated due to their limited physical mobility or inability to drive. This even makes it difficult for them to shop for items of everyday use. Thus, you can select a few items of daily use to gift them. But above all, give them your time and select gifts that will make them feel special and loved.